Monday, December 28, 2009

An Introduction

I thought I'd get this blog rolling with a little background about myself, and my current gear.  I've been slowly getting into photography for the past two and a half years now.  I started off with a Canon Powershot S3 IS as my first digital camera, which I replaced after a year with my current camera, a Sony a200 DSLR.  I have a few different lenses for my a200: the Sony 18-70mm, the Sony 75-300mm, and the Minolta 35-80mm II.  I also have a Canon Powershot SD750 for a small point-and-shoot camera, I recently bought a Polaroid 600 camera, and I own a handful of old film cameras that I don't know how to use yet.  The only tripod I have is an old, heavy metal monster that I hope to replace very soon.

So why am I starting this blog?  I'm hoping to use it as a tool to chronicle my development as a photographer. As I said, I started getting into photography over two years ago, but I don't feel like I've accumulated nearly as much knowledge and experience over that time as I should have.  I hope to use this blog to really motivate me to become a more skilled and inspired photographer. I need to better learn how to use my cameras and become better when it comes to post-processing my photos.  I'll do my best to update this regularly with new photos, tips, ideas, reviews, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment