Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Archives: Nine Inch Nails in Noblesville, IN - May 30, 2009

As I said in the first Archives post that I made, as I work to get this blog rolling, I'll be posting some of my old pictures that I feel are highlights in my photography experience up to this point.

Back in 2008-2009, I had the opportunity to see one of my all-time favorite bands, Nine Inch Nails, four different times in concert.  One of the great things about NIN is that they extended an open camera policy to their fans, meaning people could bring in just about any type of digital camera or camcorder to record the concert.  I only brought my Canon SD750 to the three shows I saw in 2008, with some mediocre results.  Clearly, a rock concert isn't the best place to use a point-and-shoot camera, and you can see the results from the Cleveland, Lexington, and Columbus shows on my flickr page.

The fourth NIN show that I took my camera to was the May 30th show in Noblesville, Indiana, on their final tour with the bands Street Sweeper Social Club and Jane's Addiction.  This time, I made the decision to take my Sony a200, and I couldn't believe how pleased I was with the results.  This concert is one of the few times I've used a full Manual mode on my camera, and really it was just luck that I guessed right on the settings, adjusting as I went.  As with most of my old pictures, these pictures are relatively unedited.  You can see the entire set from the concert, but here is a sampling of some of my favorite shots:


Street Sweeper Social Club

  
Nine Inch Nails

  
 

 













 

 


Jane's Addiction


No comments:

Post a Comment