Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Impossible Project

NPR.org's Picture Show blog ran a nice story last week on The Impossible Project.  This project was launched in the wake of Polaroid's decision to end production of their instant exposure film last February.  A small team has rented a factory and acquired the machinery needed to produce the film, and they plan to release monochrome and color film packs later this year (the NPR story has more background on the project; I don't want to regurgitate their article).

I got into Polaroid cameras last year, when I bought an old, used Polaroid 600 Business Edition camera from eBay.  I'll admit I didn't do my research beforehand, and I didn't even realize at the time that the film had been discontinued a few months prior.  I look forward to seeing what The Impossible Project can do.  It would be nice to not have to buy heavily-marked up old film on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment